If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This yummy frosty treat is like a combination of a milkshake and a smoothie. It is from Louisa Shafia's book The New Persian Kitchen and is based on a drink called majoon. Though you don't need to use all of the nuts she lists, use at least some! They add a fabulous crunch to the drink. - fiveandspice
Serves 2 to 4
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3/4 to 1 cups water
- 1 tablespoon each: toasted coconut flakes, toasted chopped almonds, toasted chopped walnuts, toasted chopped pistachios, and toasted sesame seeds
- Cut the banana into 1-inch-thick slices and place them in a blender. Add the dates, yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, ice cubes, and 3/4 cup water and blend until smooth. Add an additional 1/4 cup water if the shake is too thick.
- Pour the shake into glasses and top with rows of the coconut flakes, almonds, walnuts, pistachios, and sesame seeds, and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Express your gratitude for sunshine.
Good day, sunshine.
It's Snack Time
Wedding registry must haves.
Make better cookies.