Author Notes: Want to take your eggs to the next level? Want a little spice in the morning to move things along? I was shown this recipe by my Indian friend. It's so easy!! You just need the right spices...The secret: Kitchen King (found in any Indian grocery store) - Natalie
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 Red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1-2 tablespoon Kitchen King (spice blend)
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- Heat oil on medium high (I use olive, but any will do) in a large saucepan. Once oil is hot, add cumin seeds and turmeric. Stir it a bit and the the cumin seeds get nice and toasty.
- Add the choppen onion and sautee for about 2 minutes. While that's happening -- crack your eggs and beat them up with a fork. Put the spinach, peppers, and spices in the eggs and mix.
- Once onions are translucent, add the egg mixture to the pan and occasionally stir it around like you would with scrambled eggs. Add salt to taste at this point -- this dish needs a lot of salt! Once the eggs are cooked through, serve it up and garnish with cilantro. Yum!
- Side note: you can really add any ingredients to this recipe -- just as long as you've got the spices right. Kitchen king can be found in any indian grocery store. It's a blend of a whole bunch of yummy spices and my friend says she never cooks without it!