If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was told to me during a spinning class several years ago. A friend on the next bike told me how much her young children enjoyed eating this salmon and how you just smear it with a bunch of herbs and butter to cook it. I have been making it ever since and it is as easy as it sounds - just smear and broil. Mustard, herbs, and salmon is a great combination. Note: I have honed in on a nice combination of fennel, basil, chervil and marjoram, but the salmon is also nice with premixed herbs (making things extra easy). - Waverly
Serves 4 but multiplies easily
- 1.25 pounds salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried chervil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- SMEAR: Preheat the broiler. In a small bowl, whisk the mustard with the butter until it is combined. In another small bowl, combine the dried herbs. Place the salmon, skin-side down, on a broiling pan and season it to taste with the salt and pepper. Sprinkle half of the herb mixture over the salmon in an even layer. Using your fingers or a brush, cover the salmon with the butter and mustard mixture. Sprinkle the remaining herbs in an even layer on top.
- BROIL AND SERVE: Place the salmon in the oven about 1-inch from the heating element. Broil until the herb mixture is browned on the top and the salmon is cooked through, about 7-12 minutes depending on the thickness of your fillet.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.