Author Notes: My mother often made this delicious condiment to go with our Easter ham. It is good with salmon as well, and well.....slather it on sandwiches or serve along with grains and/or vegetables, particularly broccoli, kale, or cauliflower. - thirdchild
Makes 1-1/2 quarts
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 packet plain gelatin
- 1-1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- beat eggs in top part of double boiler, set aside.
- Mix together thoroughly sugar and gelatin, then stir in mustard, turmeric, and salt
- Add water and vinegar to eggs, stir in sugar mixture and cook over boiling water until slightly thickened, stirring instantly. Cool until thick
- Whip cream and stir into mixture. Turn into 1-1/2 qt. mold. Chill until firm, then unfold by placing the bottom of the mold in warm water for a minute or two. If you use a ring mold, then decorate by placing some vegetables, such as watercress and cherry tomatoes in the center.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard