If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother often made this delicious condiment to go with our Easter ham. It is good with salmon as well, and well.....slather it on sandwiches or serve along with grains and/or vegetables, particularly broccoli, kale, or cauliflower. - thirdchild
Makes 1-1/2 quarts
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 packet plain gelatin
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- beat eggs in top part of double boiler, set aside.
- Mix together thoroughly sugar and gelatin, then stir in mustard, turmeric, and salt
- Add water and vinegar to eggs, stir in sugar mixture and cook over boiling water until slightly thickened, stirring instantly. Cool until thick
- Whip cream and stir into mixture. Turn into 1-1/2 qt. mold. Chill until firm, then unfold by placing the bottom of the mold in warm water for a minute or two. If you use a ring mold, then decorate by placing some vegetables, such as watercress and cherry tomatoes in the center.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard