If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet raisin-studded sour cream muffins with a cinnamon sugar center and nutty brown sugar streusel. —Riley Wofford
Makes 20 cakes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
- Combine the flour, sugar, pecans, and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times to combine. Add the butter and pulse until the butter is the size of peas and the mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two standard muffin tins. Stir together ¼ cup of sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl to combine. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat the butter and remaining 1½ cups of sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition. Add the sour cream and vanilla extract and mix well to combine. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture in three additions, blending until just incorporated. Fold in the raisins.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin cup one-third of the way full with batter. Divide the cinnamon sugar evenly between the cakes. Fill the muffin cups with the remaining batter, then sprinkle each cake with the pecan topping. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.