If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found this at the BBC web site. If you like potatoes you will find this divine! I add more horseradish (personal taste). I imagine you can add grated cheese and even a beaten egg before taking to the oven, and get a different kind of texture. Oven temperature should be adjusted; mine, for example, which is quite small, needs lower temperatures. —MrsK
- 300 milliliters heavy cream
- 300 milliliters milk
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2-3 tablespoons horseradish, or to taste
- 1,000 grams potatoes, peeled, very thinly sliced
- Put cream, milk, garlic and horseradish into a large saucepan; season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, add potatoes, stirring so they won't stick together. Cook 10 minutes until tender. Pour into ovenproof dish. (This can be done up to 1 day ahead; bring to room temperature 1 hour before baking.)
- Bake at 375 F for 30 minutes. Increase temperature to 400 F and bake 30-35 minutes.
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The invincible beer can chicken.
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.