If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my take on the classic dish lasagna. I often like to prepare my dishes with a more healthful mindset and so utilizing the ground turkey was my choice in this recipe. Also there is something about blending both white and red sauces together that works for me! —JennT1981
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash cracked pepper
- 12 ready-bake lasagna sheets
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced (garnish)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups marinara
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium and add onion and garlic, let cook about 1-2 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue cooking until browned, about 5 to 7 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Combine ricotta and egg, whip using a fork until fluffy and set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium and add flour.
- While whisking constantly cook about 3 minutes.
- Slowly add milk again whisking constantly to prevent any lumps from forming.
- Season with salt and nutmeg and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add marinara and ground turkey, stir to mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Begin assembling lasagna in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Start with a little sauce coating the bottom of the dish, layer four lasagna sheetcover the bottom, then sauce, ricotta and mozzarella until the ingredients are gone. s to evenly
- Finish the final layer of sauce off with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cover and bake abou45 minutes. t
- Remove cover and cook another 15 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Baked Pasta
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
The craziest chip around.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.