If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Say no to a boring weekday breakfast and brighten up your day with an energizing, antioxidant packed super(foodie) treat!! Açaí (pronounced ah-sigh-ee) is a superfruit berry found in the Amazon rainforest and you can find vendors selling these bowls all over the beaches and juice (sucos) bars in Brazil. They are now popping up all over the US in local juice shops. It's a frozen smoothie/sorbet like mixture that you place in a bowl and eat with crunchy granola and delicious fruits. This is a very make-it-your-own kind of dish and I can guarantee that however you put it together, it's going to be one of the best things about your day. —In Vero Veritas
Serves 1 bowl
- 1 Banana
- 1 splash Coconut Water/Almond Milk/Soy Milk/Orange Juice
- 1-2 packets Frozen Açaí Pulp
- 5 teaspoons Xarope de Guaraná (guarana syrup)/Agave/Cane Sugar/Honey
- 1 handful Granola
- Sliced Fruit (Banana/Kiwi/Strawberry/Blueberry, etc)
- Place a banana in your blender (I used a frozen one to help with texture) with your sweetener of choice, and a splash of liquid (I use almond milk)- blend together. Guarana syrup is typically used in Brazil to sweeten these for it's nice caffeine boost- you can find a bottle online or at local brazilian food store if you want to give it a try.
- Break frozen packets of frozen Açaí pulp (I find mine at Whole Foods and at local Brazilian markets) into fragments and toss into blender. I use two to create a really creamy, sorbet-like texture. If you choose to use one, I would make sure not to use too much liquid in the above step so it stays thick!
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and top with sliced fruit and a handful of granola. I also like to add flax seeds, hemp seed, chia seeds.
- Ready to eat in under 10 minutes! Enjoy. P.S. If you want to get really decadent (and don't need to count calories,) pour a little bit of condensed milk on top before serving!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
By the Book
How to cook like the leading ladies of literature
Eat like your favorite literary heroines,
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
A different kind of tomato dish.
The chicest apron around.