Author Notes: Well here we go with another one of my takes on a classic. As an avid healthy cooker this creation isn't my most figure friendliest but it sure is darn tasty! - JennT1981
- 2 cups tiny pasta shells
- 3/4 cups Velveeta cheese
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cans solid white tuna
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery with leafy part, diced
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash cracked pepper
- 1 cup butter cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium pot bring water to a boil with a pinch of salt and add shells. Cook until just tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and return to pot without rinsing. Add Velveeta and tuna; stir to combine and keep on low.
- In the meantime heat oil in a medium skillet over medium and add carrot, celery and onion. Cook until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add to shells along with peas, salt and pepper; stir to combine. Pour into greased 8 inch round baking dish and top with cracker crumbs.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Let rest about 5 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Baked Pasta