If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I could live without candy. Don't get me wrong, I love it and will eagerly shove all manner of vegan confections into my face hole when the opportunity presents itself. But if I HAD to, I could live without it. Cookies, on the other hand, not so much.
Life without cookies wouldn't be worth living.
Cookies bring the happy,
and if we've learned just one thing from watching Sesame Street it's that
MORE cookies = MORE happy.
These aren't exactly a traditional macaroon, but they are a snap to throw together and, more importantly, DELICIOUS. - Slow Club Cookery
Makes 12 small cookies
- 1 1/2 cups large flake unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 5 medium medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons raw hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat.. Add coconut, stirring frequently, until lightly browned. This will only take a minute or two. Keep an eye on the coconut and do not stop stirring, as it can easily burn. Remove from heat when lightly browned and allow to cool.
- Add dates and 1/3 of the toasted coconut to bowl of a food processor and pulse until dates have broken down, about 30 seconds. Add the remainder of the toasted coconut, melted coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt. Process for about 1 minute until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Transfer mixture to mixing bowl, add hemp seeds and stir well to incorporate.
- Using a tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop up enough mixture to fill the spoon. Press to pack tightly. Pop cookies out of spoon and onto a parchment-covered cookie sheet.
- Melt chocolate chips and extra coconut oil in microwave or over a double boiler. Using the tines of a fork, drizzle chocolate over each cookie.
- Chill finished cookies in the freezer for at least an hour.
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
All you need for Memorial Day.
Cast your vote!
Grind it real good.