If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I tried this at a brunch spot and was hesitant at first, but the silky and buttery flavor floored me and I had to try to make it myself. The Brie and honey complement the grits extremely well, and they taste both homey and decadent at the same time. Brie and honey go well at all times -- try the same concept with oatmeal or any hot cereal of your choice. —Teresa
Food52 Review: Isn't this a little reckless? Honey, brie, and butter? Yes. Yes it is. And it's exactly what you want in your grits. Something that both comforts, steady on your spoon, and intrigues, when the brie's earthiness sets in. With a little more salt and a gastrique instead of a compote, these grits would be welcome at dinner, too. They're excellent and could easily become a staple. —MBobinski
Brie and Butter Grits
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk (I use low-fat)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup grits or polenta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons Brie cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a medium pot, bring the water, milk and salt to a boil. Add the grits and lower to a simmer, stirring occasionally. After 2 minutes, add the butter, the Brie, and 2 tablespoons of the honey. Taste to adjust the sweetness according to your preference. Simmer for another 3 to 4 minutes and serve in a bowl.
- For the raspberry compote, simply add the raspberries and the sugar to a small pot and simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes. Top the grits with the slivered almonds, raspberries, and add a bit more honey or brown sugar if desired. Enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.