If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I learned about sweet omelets from a friend of mine who was living in Finland and told me about eating omelets with jam. I thought it sounded super weird, but finally decided to give it a try, after realizing it wasn't all that different from a souffle or a popover. I still find it a little weird, but in a way I like. It's an easy and yummy breakfast. —fiveandspice
- 2/3 cup (about) mixed frozen berries (or fresh if it's the season)
- 1/2 tablespoon honey or sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons plus a pinch of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- A little cream or crème fraîche for finishing, optional
- To make your filling/sauce, combine the berries and the 1/2 tablespoon honey (or sugar) in a small saucepan and bring just to a boil. Turn down the heat to low and simmer, covered, until saucy, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separate one of the eggs, putting the white in its own bowl. Combine the yolk with the other whole egg in a smallish bowl. Add a pinch of sugar to the egg white and whisk it until it holds soft peaks.
- Whisk the 2 teaspoons of sugar and the vanilla into the egg plus yolk mixture until fully combined. Gently fold the whipped white into the other egg mixture.
- In an 8-inch nonstick frying pan, heat the butter over medium to medium-low heat until it has melted and started to foam. Pour in the eggs. Cook, without disturbing until the eggs are quite set and about 3/4s of the way cooked through. Then, gently use a spatula to flip the omelet. Let it cook another minute. Top with a spoonful or two of the berry mixture (or jam, if you prefer) and fold the omelet over the filling. Transfer to a plate and top with more berries plus a drizzle/dollop of heavy cream or crème fraiche, if desired.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
What we turn to in the kitchen
13 essential cooking apps.
Paint your kitchen in one day.
We've got the summer blues.
How to cook with herb stems.
A better basket.