If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chickpeas and Tahini are not just for hummus. I generally try to avoid flour as much as I can and since I don't eat dairy or sugar, it's almost impossible to find a dessert I can eat. So, I've learned to make my own decadent and sweet treats, my way. Let me introduce you to these Chewy Chickpea Bars; gluten-free, flourless, sugar-free and vegan. They are moist, chewy and unbelievable nutritious. They are easy to make and so delicious that no one will ever believe they're healthy! The perfect guilt-free sweet treat! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Note: Since I don't eat sugar, 3 tablespoons of Maple Syrup is more than enough for my palette. If you prefer things on the sweeter side, you can add up to 2 additional tablespoons of Maple Syrup, but reduce the rice milk accordingly as you don't want a runny batter. In place of rice milk, you can use any other non dairy milk to keep it vegan, but I generally prefer rice milk as it is ligher than almond milk or soy milk. - Nissrine @ Harmony à la Carte
- 2 cups Cooked Chickpeas, thoroughly rinsed (NOT chickpea flower)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Scrapings
- 3 tablespoons Natural Almond Butter
- 3 tablespoons Tahini
- 3 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Unsweetened Rice Milk
- 1/4 cup Crushed Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Whiz all the ingredients together in a food processor until well combined, smooth and creamy. The batter should be a bit less dense than a cookie batter, but not runny.
- Poor batter into a parchment paper lined oven-safe dish and bake for about 30 minutes on 180 C (356 F).
- Remove from oven and let cool 1 hour before slicing. It will seem a bit undercooked when you take it out from the oven, but that's just because it needs time to set and firm up. 30 minutes in the oven is more than enough, any longer and it might harden too much much once cooled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!