If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- One 6-pound fully cooked country ham (read the label closely)
- 6 cups unsalted vegetable broth, or water
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dusseldorf or Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- To make the glaze, combine the fennel, thyme, black pepper, butter, mustard, and honey in a small sauce pan. Bring it to a boil then turn down the heat to simmer and let the glaze thicken for 10 minutes or so.
- Nestle the ham into a 6 1/2-quart crockpot. Add the vegetable broth. Set the heat to low, and set the timer for 4 hours.
- At about 3 1/2 hours, check the internal temperature of the ham. It should read around 135? F. Once it does, heat the oven to 375? F.
- Remove the ham and place it cut side-down onto a foil-lined sheet tray. Coat it with the glaze. Bake the ham in the oven for 30 minutes, making sure to coat it with a fresh coat of glaze every 10 minutes. When you are happy with the glaze, remove the ham from the oven. Slice and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
What to Watch (and Cook to) on Netflix
Eat this from the comfort of your couch
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
It's time to travel.
Hone and design links we love.
Off to market.