Author Notes: This is a super delicious, quick and really healthy option for a snack to make on a Friday and keep on hand over the weekend. It is also surprisingly welcome in kids' lunch boxes. - Belle Année
Makes 4 cups
- 2 teaspoons Champagne or cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup edamame
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced small
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Stir together vinegar, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, thyme in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine chickpeas, edamame, dried cranberries, red bell pepper and carrots in a large bowl. Stir with a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Set aside.
- Whisk the oil into the bowl containing the vinegar mixture. Once well combined, pour over the bean mixture and stir everything together with a rubber spatula. Cover with cling film and set aside in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- When ready to serve stir again and move the mixture into a nice serving dish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas