If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe has all the rich, creamy texture of ice cream with none of the dairy or sugar. The crunchy topping is a snap to put together and is so, so good.
~ Adapted from self.com .. Who originally adapted the recipe from It's All Good: Delicious, Easy Recipes That will Make You Look Good & Feel Great by Gwyneth Paltrow and Julia Turshen —VeggiesByCandlelight
- 4 ripe bananas, frozen
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (** or vanilla extract)
- (** optional add-ins: coconut, peanut butter, 1 scoop protein powder .. flavor of your choice)
Roasted Almond Topping
- 1/4 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (** or olive oil)
- Place bananas in the freezer for at least 3 hours. When you're ready to make the ice cream .. cut them into smaller pieces for easier blending
- In the meantime roast the almonds. In a small saucepan heat the oil over medium low for a minute or two. Add the chopped almonds & roast them for couple of minutes until they're starting to turn brown & are fragrant.
- In a bowl, combine the roasted almonds with 2 tsp syrup and salt.
- In a food processor, pulse frozen banana slices, almond milk, vanilla and remaining 2 tbsp syrup, scraping down the sides as necessary, until mixture is the texture of soft-serve ice cream.
- Spoon into bowls .. sprinkle with almond mixture
A Can-Do Soda
Endless possibilities of syrup, ice, seltzer, and cream
Italian soda is can-do.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
What's your ideal meal?
A better basket.