If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These little fruit and nut bites make an excellent snack or breakfast-on-the-go, if you must have breakfast on the go. They're kind of like Larabars, except round. —fiveandspice
Makes 16 to 18
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup toasted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup toasted, shredded coconut (or toasted sesame seeds) for rolling
- Combine the apricots, cherries, pistachios, honey (or syrup), and lemon zest in a food processor. Pulse/run the processor until everything is very finely chopped together but not turned into a paste -- it takes a minute or so.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, then roll a tablespoonful of the mixture at a time into balls and roll the balls in the coconut (or sesame seeds) to coat and place them on the baking sheet. Put the finished bites into the fridge to firm up for an hour
- Then, eat immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!