If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom's quiche was always one of our favorite dinners as kids. While the original recipe included scallions, I've adapted it to layer those flavors. I blend the greens into the base for freshness (and color!), saute the whites with the ham, and then add some of the chopped greens per the original recipe. The result is a good dinner but a spring quiche perfect for breakfast. —Stephanie
Makes 1 quiche
- 2 bunches green onions
- 1 cup diced, cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced green chiles (optional)
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice only the whites of both bunches of onions.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in sauté pan. Sauté onions on low until they begin to brown. Add ham and increase heat to medium. Sauté 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Chop the greens from one bunch of onions.
- Place the greens from the second bunch of onions into a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Add mayo, spices, and cornstarch. Blend until fully combined.
- Using a fork, whisk milk and egg into mayonnaise mixture. Once fully incorporated, add cooled ham, chopped onion greens, cheese, and green chiles (if using).
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes. You'll be able to tell that it's done when the filling is set and the top is slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Scallions
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
Food blog links we love.
We've got the summer blues.
Are marinades worth it?
A better basket.