If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been wanting to bake with healthier and heartier flours of late, so I bought a bunch of sprouted whole wheat flour from the market. It's finely ground, much like whole wheat pastry flour, and comes with the added bonus of being even more nutritious. It goes well with the coconut and bananas in this recipe. I added a few handfuls of bittersweet chocolate chips for good measure! —djangosmama
Makes one 9x5 inch loaf
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons whole milk yogurt (preferably organic)
- 4 tablespoons organic whole milk
- 1/3 cup melted unrefined coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350ª F and grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with some coconut oil. In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas well with a masher or the back of a fork. Add the egg, yogurt, and milk, and mix well.
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil over medium-low heat. Stir it into the wet mix, along with the vanilla and coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sprouted whole wheat flour, baking soda, and salt. Add this to the wet mixture and stir only to combine. Overmixing will produce a squat, dense banana brick, which we are trying to avoid!
- Stir in the unsweetened coconut flakes and chocolate chips (if using) and pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for about 50 minutes or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for about 10-12 minutes. Using a small knife, run it around the edges of the bread and turn it out onto the rack to cool. It's delicious with a nice cup of tea or coffee!
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.