If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very simple and healthy Mediterranean recipe from Puglia and Southern Italy. The local cuisine is based on lots of legumes (which in the past were called the "meat" of the paesants). In Italy we traditionally eat lentils at midnight on New Year's Eve. Because lentils resembled coins, in the past they were thought to bring financial prosperity in the year to come. Nowadays, we associate them to general good luck, in any field! - puglia4foodies
- 1 pound lentils
- 1 pound orzo
- 2 carrots
- bunches parsley
- 2 tablespoons intense extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 chilly pepper
- Soak the lentils overnight and then rinse them.
- Put the lentils in a pan with orzo and cover with water. Add the sliced carrots and cook at low flame for 1 and half hour, while stirring and adding water if necessary.
- Add sea salt and chilly pepper. When ready switch them off and add parsley. Let them cool down so that the orzo absorbs all the sauce.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil, which is the key ingredients for the success of this recipe. It must be intense fruity and bitter.
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.