If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nothing can be quicker or easier than this Persimmon Ice Cream, and yes, I'm calling it ice cream even though it contains no cream and only two ingredients. It doesn't get much faster.
- 2 very ripe Hachiya persimmons
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Freeze 2 Hachiya persimmons until they are rock solid
- Take 2 large frozen persimmons and peel them.
- When they've been peeled, chunk them up.
- Place the chunks of persimmon into a food processor.Add in about 1/4 cup of coconut milk. You can also add almond or rice milk if you wish. You can even add in buttermilk or cream, but then of course it wouldn't be vegan. But then again you might not require a vegan recipe, so there's that.
- Turn on the food processor and swirl the persimmon coconut milk into "ice cream."
- Scoop it out and serve it up.
Throw an Intimate Party for 30—Really!
A behind-the-scenes look at our genius dinner
How to throw a Genius dinner party for 30.
13 essential cooking apps.
We've got the summer blues.
Paint your kitchen in one day.
A better basket.