If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love poppy seeds. I’m the kind of person who licks their finger to pick up all the stray poppy seeds that have fallen off their poppy seed bagel. This cake is moist, lemony, and rich in the way that all olive oil cakes are. It comes together with basic ingredients and two mixing bowls, and heats up well in the toaster the next day. The recipe is inspired by a Farmgirl's Dabbles Almond Poppy Seed Bread. —Joy Belamarich
Makes 1 loaf
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup mild extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vest from 3 medium-sized lemons
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 8 ½ x 4 ½ loaf pan (or two 7 ½ x 3 ½ pans).
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and poppy seeds. Whisk together to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients – the milk, olive oil, eggs, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Slowly whisk the wet ingredients into the dry, then switch to a spatula and give the batter one or two good flips, catching any last bits of flour.
- Bake for 50 minutes- 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
More Great Recipes: Cakes