Author Notes: This is tweaked from aliyaleekong's recipe on this site, and then I added condiments to my taste! - fiveandspice
Serves 1 to 2
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- A couple pinches of salt and several grinds of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 to 3 slices of white bread, at least a day old
- Butter for frying
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- Kimchi, for serving
- In a shallow bowl or small baking dish, whisk the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and cilantro together.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat, add the butter and let it melt until it is foaming. Dip each of the pieces of bread in the egg mix for 10-15 seconds per side, then place in the frying pan. Fry for about 2-3 minutes on the first sides, until deep golden brown, then flip and fry on the second sides until golden brown. Transfer to a plate or two.
- While the French toast is cooking, stir together the mayo, ketchup, and sriracha together in a small bowl (taste and adjust quantities of anything to taste). Smear the toasts with the pink sauce, top with slices of avocado and a scoop of kimchi and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!