If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is tweaked from aliyaleekong's recipe on this site, and then I added condiments to my taste! —fiveandspice
Serves 1 to 2
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- A couple pinches of salt and several grinds of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 to 3 slices of white bread, at least a day old
- Butter for frying
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- Kimchi, for serving
- In a shallow bowl or small baking dish, whisk the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and cilantro together.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat, add the butter and let it melt until it is foaming. Dip each of the pieces of bread in the egg mix for 10-15 seconds per side, then place in the frying pan. Fry for about 2-3 minutes on the first sides, until deep golden brown, then flip and fry on the second sides until golden brown. Transfer to a plate or two.
- While the French toast is cooking, stir together the mayo, ketchup, and sriracha together in a small bowl (taste and adjust quantities of anything to taste). Smear the toasts with the pink sauce, top with slices of avocado and a scoop of kimchi and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
A Toast to Toast
The best thing since sliced bread
A toast to toast.
Yes, be in a pickle.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
You gotta ketchup.