If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Food52 Review: This drink has the power to make your guests stop mid-sentence with wonder. They will know the fragrant rose scent once they raise their glass to sip, and soon will realize they love it paired with the taste of classic lemonade. It can be easily used as a non-alcoholic drink option for a spring brunch or baby shower, or it can be punched up with your favorite vodka as a barbecue imbibe. The bubbly feel on your tongue, along with the faint rose scent, will make you come back again and again. - Mid-Mitten Homemade
Serves 8 to 10
- 3 lemons
- One 750 mL bottle of sparkling water
- 3 cups rhubarb-rose simple syrup (see below)
- Zest 2 of the lemons, then juice all 3 into a 1 gallon glass jar.
- Add chilled rhubarb-rose simple syrup. Add the bottle of sparkling water, then fill up the rest of the jar with cold tap water.
- Stir, then refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with a lemon twist.
Rhubarb-Rose Simple Syrup
- 8 stalks of rhubarb
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- Remove rhubarb leaves. Wash and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, add rhubarb, water, sugar, and rose water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved, approximately 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow rhubarb to steep for 2 hours. Strain before using.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe