If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A recipe for an easy flourless chocolate cake which is lightly scented with orange zest and cardamon. - ChezUs
- 1/2 cup Good quality unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 10 ounces Good quality bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cardamon
- 1 whole orange, zested
- 4 eggs, prefer organic free range
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Melt chocolate in a double boiler and then set aside to cool.
- Creme room temperature butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Mix in the chocolate, cardamon and orange zest, just until combined.
- Pour into a lightly buttered 8" pan, I like to use a tart pan to give it a bit of an elegant look.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, until set, it will not jiggle at all.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- I like to serve a sliver of the cake with fresh berries and either sour cream or creme fraiche that has been sweetened with brown sugar. Serve. Eat
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cake
What's In, What's Out
What we're obsessed with, and what we're not.
What's in, what's out.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wedding registry must haves.