If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes about 2 cups strawberry puree, enough for 8 to 10 drinks
- 1 quart ripe strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar (plus more, depending on the sweetness of your berries)
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Champagne (optional -- and not a really expensive bottle, but no swill!)
- Put the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a blender and puree until smooth. Taste for sweetness, and add more sugar if you like.
- Once it tastes right, you can pass the puree through a fine sieve to get rid of the strawberry seeds if you like (I don't, because I enjoy their crunch).
- If you're making strawberry juice, stir 3 tablespoons of the puree into about 5 ounces of cold water. Add ice if you like.
- To make a Rossini, put 3 tablespoons of the strawberry puree in a tumbler or a large wine glass. Pour a little Champagne into the glass, and combine with the puree by stirring gently with a spoon. Fill the glass with Champagne (it will foam up as you pour -- this is part of the fun) and serve immediately, preferably with some salty little cheese biscuits.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.