Author Notes: I have been mulling over cooking things with tea for awhile and so last night I decided to quit mulling and start doing. The result was a subtley fragrant rice, punctuated with the the bites of citrus throughout and the occasional crunch of the finishing salt (which I forgot to add until after I took the photo! oops!) - aargersi
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 earl gray tea bag
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 blood oranges (or other if they are not available) cut in supremes
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- a pinch or 2 of finishing salt - I used a gray Cypress salt and it was wonderful
- Put the water and the tea bag in your pan, cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove the tea bag and stir in the rice, salt and olive oil. Simmer for 15 minutes (or according to the directions) until the rice is done.
- Stir in the thyme and oranges, and cover for a few more minutes so they can sort of steam into the rice.
- Serve with a pinch of finishing salt (or two)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea