If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes I want chocolate cake without much hassle. The ingredients for this easy cake come together for a quick but very satisfying fix. What gives it interest and kick are the addictive combination of cinnamon streusel, melty chocolate chips, and fudgy chocolate cake. Strong coffee enhances the slightly spicy Ibarra Mexican chocolate in the cake. This cake is so good with a glass of milk...perfect for snack time! I highly recommend always eating this cake warm...a few seconds in the microwave soften the cake and chocolate chips. —monkeymom
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 and 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Mix the streusel ingredients and set aside.
mexican chocolate cake
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces Ibarra Mexican Chocolate, chopped (or 2 oz unsweetened chocolate and 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (mexican, if you can find it)
- Grease and flour a 9x13 pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk together sugar, flour, soda, and salt in a bowl (the mixing bowl of your mixer) and set aside.
- Pour hot coffee over chocolate in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add oil, yogurt, and eggs to coffee and whisk until smooth.
- Add chocolate mixture to dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour into 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle streusel all over batter. Once all the streusel is on top, run a butter knife in swirls around the pan once or twice.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Let cool.
- Enjoy this cake warm!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cake
Celebrate Canada Day with beet-cured salmon, poutine, and more
Celebrate Canada Day with snacks.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.