If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you hear "homemade pretzels," do you get your knickers in a twist, nervous about creating the unique, knot-like shape? Well, fear not because Chef Lisa has simplified the process and shows you how to easily create these scrumptiously soft mini pretzels, golden brown bites perfect for parties and snacking. - bitememore
Makes 115-120 pretzel bites
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 package dry yeast
- ¼ cups butter, melted
- 4½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 cups water
- ½ cups baking soda
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- Coarse sea salt
Honey Mustard Dip
- ½ cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- For the pretzel dough, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine warm water and brown sugar. Sprinkle yeast on top and let stand for 5 minutes, until the yeast becomes frothy. Add the melted butter, flour and salt. Mix on low speed until combined. Increase speed to medium for 3-4 minutes, until the dough becomes pliable. Remove dough from the bowl and place in a large, lightly greased mixing bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and divide into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into long ropes and cut into 1-inch pieces to make pretzel bites. Cover pretzel bites with a cloth while working on the rest of the dough so it doesn’t dry out.
- Using a large pot, bring 16 cups of water to a boil over medium heat. Add baking soda. Boil pretzel bites in small batches for 30 seconds. Remove from the water with a flat slotted spoon and place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining bites. Cut a crisscross slit on the top of each pretzel bite. Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Bake 13-15 minutes, until golden brown. Cool slightly and serve with honey mustard dip. Best prepared and served on the same day.
- For the honey mustard dip, in a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, honey and lemon juice until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
A wedding party you can pull off.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
Grind it up.
You won't be board with this game.