If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The taste of lamb and tzatziki brings me back to my college days when I studied in Athens for a bit. These burgers are super flavorful and always a hit, even with burger traditionalists! - Laurie @crunchygooey
Food52 Review: What a terrific change of pace! This simple, yet elegant variation on a classic burger is a delightfully easy way to pep up the grilling rotation. The pistachios are perfection with the rich, unctuous flavor of the lamb. And the refreshing tangy yogurt combined with the cucumber provides a perfect counterpart. We will be making these burgers many more times this summer. - lmikkel
Pistachio Lamb Burgers
- 3/4 cup pistachios, shelled
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Finely grind pistachios in food processor. In a bowl, combine ground pistachios with lamb and spices, mixing with your hands just until combined. Divide mixture into four portions and gently pat into a burger shape. Cook on a hot grill about 4 minutes per side. Serve on grilled buns with tzatziki sauce.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (full fat)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 small seedless cucumber, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients and chill for an hour before serving.
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.