If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tart apricots become soft, stewy, and sweet in a compote that is a perfect foil for creamy ricotta. These tartines are simple but elegant, and make breakfast feel decadent. - fiveandspice
Serves 1 to 2
- 3 apricots, pitted and sliced into sixths
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup (or so) good ricotta, preferably homemade
- 2 thick slices of bread, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the apricots with the honey, a pinch of salt, and a splash (about 2 teaspoons) of water. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the apricots have partially broken down and cooked to a thick, jammy, compote-y consistency, about 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside.
- When your slices of bread are toasted, smear each with ricotta and top with spoonfuls of the apricot compote (I like to use it while it's still warm). That's it! Now, eat!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!