If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: a fun way to use plums, pared with a roasted pork tenderloin for yummy summer entree...
- Jen Smallwood
Serves 8 (3oz pork & sauce)
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds black plums, quartered and pitted
- 1 star anise
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pounds (1-pound) pork tenderloins, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons canola oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add sugar and the next 10 ingredients (through star anise); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until plums break down and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Discard cloves and anise.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle pork evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Add pork to pan; sauté 7 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Transfer pork to a foil-lined jelly-roll pan; coat with 1/2 cup plum sauce. Roast pork at 450° for 15 minutes. Remove pork from oven. Turn pork over; coat with an additional 1/2 cup plum sauce. Roast 10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of pork registers 155°. Remove from pan; let stand 10 minutes. Slice crosswise. Serve with remaining plum sauce.
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Shop Spring Cleaning
Bake yourself breakfast.