If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These delicious truffles are made using only 3 ingredients. You can't even taste the avocado, but it gives the truffle a creamy texture that makes for a much healthier dessert! This recipe is from my blog, Not Your Average College Food. —Emily Hu
Food52 Review: These truffles are dangerous because the 3 ingredients they contain are ones you probably have on hand. You will be able to make them often -- and you should -- because they are rich, buttery, and delicious thanks to the dark chocolate and avocado. You could mash the avocado by hand, but in this case, the hand mixer is your friend. These are perfect in their simplest form, but I am already thinking of ways to take them over the edge -- toasted hazelnuts, shredded coconut, and orange zest immediately come to mind. The variations are endless! —Megan
Makes 18 to 20
- 1 medium avocado
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Cut avocado and scoop out flesh. Use a fork, an electric hand mixer, or a food processor to mash the avocado until there are no more chunks.
- Roughly chop 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Use a microwave to melt the rest of the chocolate chips. I recommend microwaving in 10-second intervals, stirring after each, until the mixture is completely melted.
- Scoop avocado mixture into the bowl with melted chocolate and mix until well-blended. Then, stir in the chocolate chip bits.
- Refrigerate the chocolate-avocado mixture for an hour.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball using your palms. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Put the cocoa powder on a separate plate or in a shallow bowl. Roll the balls in the cocoa powder until they're completely covered.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
The chicest apron around.