If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: AVOCADO'S ARE MAGIC !
So much so, that after being gone From Food 52 for quite a while, I was compelled to share my " one of a kind creation " -calling for the chameleon of all fruits - humble avocado who morphs from savory to sweet while being a super healer due to it's inclusion of Glutathione -( an anti-oxident that helps the body de-tox and heal) ! All hail the mighty Avocado !
Though not totally foreign, the idea of Avocado Ice Cream , mine is unique and different than any other recipe out there because of the combination that incorporates avocados with raspberries. —micki barzilay
- 4 Medium to Large Avocados
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice ( fresh squeezed)
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 1 and 1/2 cups Heavy whipped cream ( stiff)
- 3/4 cup sugar ( or sub - honey , maple syrup, agave)
- 1 cup Rasberries ( Blackberries and/or Strawberries - optional)
- 4 sprigs Mint leaves
- Mash avocados and add lime juice in a glass or ceramic container
- Using a blender or Cuisinart - blend together the Half and Half and Sugar- add in the Heavy Cream then the Avocado- Lime mash- Blend till smooth and thick- pour into a glass or ceramic bowl
- Hand separate the "drupelets" ( the individual juicy little spheres that make up the individual berry) and incorporate them by hand into the mixture - (holding back 4-5 raspberries for garnishing) and refrigerate till mixture is cold-
- Transfer to a freezer safe container and allow to freeze till ready for use or in app 1 hr remove and re-blend - returning to freezer ( this will change the consistency toward gelato vs ice cream-
- When ready to serve remove and let stand for 5 min for ease in creating the perfect scoop. Garnish your serving vessel with mint leaves then place a generous scoop on top and finish with "druplets" and whole Raspberries aux complet ! Bon Appetite !
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.