If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the watermelon & cheese salads that have become so popular, so I took that same idea and applied it to an appetizer. It also has the whole sweet-savory thing goin on, which Im also a big fan of. —Stefano Coppola
- 1/2 large watermelon
- 1/2 cup good quality balsamic
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 bunch basil
- 3 sprigs mint
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella
- hors d'oeuvres picks/ small skewers
- Combine balsamic and sugar over med heat and let reduce until syrupy, about 5-8 minutes
- cut watermelon into 1 inch cubes
- Slice mozzarella into 1 inch cubes
- Remove leaves from basil and mint.
- Skewer Watermelon cubes, mozzarella cubes, and herbs.
- Drizzle with balsamic syrup and olive oil. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Watermelon Recipe
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.