Author Notes: I love the watermelon & cheese salads that have become so popular, so I took that same idea and applied it to an appetizer. It also has the whole sweet-savory thing goin on, which Im also a big fan of. - Stefano Coppola
- 1/2 large watermelon
- 1/2 cup good quality balsamic
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 bunch basil
- 3 sprigs mint
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella
- hors d'oeuvres picks/ small skewers
- Combine balsamic and sugar over med heat and let reduce until syrupy, about 5-8 minutes
- cut watermelon into 1 inch cubes
- Slice mozzarella into 1 inch cubes
- Remove leaves from basil and mint.
- Skewer Watermelon cubes, mozzarella cubes, and herbs.
- Drizzle with balsamic syrup and olive oil. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Watermelon Recipe