If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The great thing about this recipe is that it is so easy: It takes just minutes to prepare and there's no special ice cream maker required. Just use a blender or food processor, then let the freezer do the heavy lifting. (Adapted from the Food Network.) —Tieghan Gerard
Makes 4 cups
- 3 cups fresh fruit (I've tried strawberries, blueberries, pineapple)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons honey or granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups ice
- To the bowl of a food processor or high powered blender, add the fruit, honey or sugar (I used 2 tablespoons honey), lemon juice, and 2 cups ice. Blend the mixture until chunky and then add the remaining 1 cup of ice. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a 9- by 13-inch baking dish and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove the ice from the freezer and scrape it with a fork until slushy. Return to the freezer for another 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, you can then scoop the ice into cups. If the ice is too hard to scoop, let it sit out for 5 minutes to soften, or add the ice to a blender and blend until slushy. Scoop into cups.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.