If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple quiche in a quick and easy crust, this is a great use for leftover rice! - erinmcdowell
Makes one 9-inch pie
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg white
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1/2 bunch kale, roughly torn
- Preheat the oven to 425º F. Make the crust: In a large bowl, mix the rice, salt, pepper, and cheese to combine. Add the egg white and mix well to combine (the mixture should hold together when you squeeze it in your hands).
- Press the rice evenly into the pie plate. Par-bake to “set” the crust, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, salt, and pepper to combine.
- Arrange the tomatoes and kale in the cooled rice crust, and pour the custard over it.
- Bake until the custard is set but slightly jiggly in the very center, 30 to 40 minutes. If the crust is browning too much, reduce the temperature to 375° F and/or tent the pie with foil. Cool at least 30 minutes (or chill completely) before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.