If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The Singapore Sling was a kind of proto-Tiki drink, and much like its offspring, it has a lengthy list of ingredients. But if you take the time to assemble what you need, you'll be rewarded with an herbal, sweet-tart, and refreshing cooler with a seductive red color. Enjoy one on those sultry summer nights when the humidity is so high that even sunset brings no relief. Linen pants and literati optional, but highly recommended. - Erik Lombardo
- 2 ounces London Dry gin
- 2 ounces unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce Cherry Heering
- 2 teaspoons Cointreau (1/3 ounce)
- 2 teaspoons Bénédictine (1/3 ounce)
- 1/4 ounce homemade grenadine (or best-quality)
- 2 to 4 dashes Angostura bitters, to taste
- Soda water
- Fill a shaker with everything but the soda, add ice, and shake for a solid 5 seconds. Strain into a highball filled with ice, then top with soda water. Garnish with a lime peel.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!