Author Notes: This is a classic meat stew with vegetables, originally from Munich, Germany. It couldn't be easier, more hearty, and loved by all ages. - ShowFoodChef
- 1 1/2 pound Beef (cubed)
- 1 pound Pork (cubed)
- 1/2 pound Veal (cubed)
- 1 pound Potatoes (cubed)
- 2 Leeks (cut across in slivers)
- 3 Carrots (cut in thin circles)
- 1/2 Celeriac Root (peeled and cubed)
- 1 tablespoon Parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Clarified Butter
- 32 ounces Beef Stock
- 1 cup Peas (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine all the veggies. In another bowl, combine all the meat.
- In a large pot, melt the butter on low/med. Add a layer of meat to the bottom of the pot, then a layer of veggies (salt and pepper).
- Continue to layer the meat, then veggies and seasonings until all is used. Pour the stock over and just to cover.
- Heat the stew to a simmer, cover and cook on low for about 2 hours. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Stew