If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My favorite poundcake recipe uses buttermilk rather than milk, which gives the finished loaf the most beautiful (less dense) crumb and a slightly tangy flavor that's great with jam. - erinmcdowell
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 sticks softened unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups vanilla sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- coarse sugar, for garnish
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 4-5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt to combine. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mix just until incorporated.
- Add 1/3 of the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated. Repeat until all of the dry and wet ingredients are added, scrape the bowl well.
- Pour the batter into a greased, parchment lined loaf pan and top generously with coarse sugar. Bake in a 350 degree oven until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes in the pan before unmolding, then cool completely before serving.
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.