If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These spicy Korean barbecue style short ribs are perfect for summertime grilling. —Cara Nicoletti
Serves 4 to 5
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup minced scallions
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 pounds kalbi-style short-ribs
- Whisk all of your marinade ingredients together (everything except the short ribs). Place short ribs in a large ziplock bag and pour marinade over them, making sure to coat all of the ribs. Allow them to marinate overnight.
- The next day, pat the ribs dry to avoid flare-ups. Grill them over high heat for 2 minutes on each side. You can also cook them in a super-hot pan, or stick them under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.