If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a delicious shortbread cookie and the perfect introduction to European cookie making. - Alchemist
Makes 16-24 cookies (depending on size)
- 2 cups AP Flour
- 1 1/2 cups stick of butter (room temp)
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional- Jam or Chocolate spread
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cut butter into the flour. Add the rest of the cookie ingredients, bring together quickly. Cover the dough and refrigerate about an hour.
- Roll dough thinly and cut into circles of desired diameter. Using a smaller, round cutter, cut the center out of half the circles (or use a knife to cut squares). Remove scraps, reroll and cut more cookies. Then place on parchment-lined cookie sheet
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until turning lightly brown around the edges. The cookie should be white or a light golden brown, but not dark.
- When the cookies have cooled, sprinkle confectioners’ sugar on cookies with holes and spread a light layer of jam on the whole cookies. Press them together lightly, confectioners’ sugar and jam sides up. When set, store tightly covered.