If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Use your favorite crêpe recipe for this cake. You can follow my lead and layer it with Nutella. Or go with raspberry jam. Or brown butter, lemon juice, and powdered sugar. Just know that it's easy to put together but it takes time.
Don't assemble the cake when the crêpes are still hot. But it's fine if they are lukewarm. And eat it within a few hours. Otherwise, the crepes start to firm up a bit and the Nutella will start to melt out. It's great for breakfast, brunch, or dessert. Or you can just eat it on and off all day like we did last Sunday. Very meditative to make. Very beautiful to look at. Very satisfying, comforting, and delicious to eat. - Phyllis Grant
Serves 8, if you're lucky
- 20 to 30 7 inch crêpes, lukewarm or room temperature
- One 13-ounce jar of Nutella
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- This cake is hard to relocate once it's made so assemble it on a serving plate or cake platter.
- Fill the bottom of a gallon-sized Ziploc bag with the entire jar of Nutella. Twist the bag several times directly above the Nutella so that it doesn't squirt out the top and make a big mess. You can even secure the twisted top with a rubber band. With scissors, snip the tiniest tip off of one of the corners of the bag.
- Place the first crêpe on your serving plate. Pipe a few teaspoons of Nutella on the crêpe. If the Nutella comes out too slowly, you can snip off a bit more of the corner of the bag. You don't need much. Do circles. Or stripes. Or blops. Remember you have so many layers going up that there will be plenty of Nutella within each layer and slice. Top with another crêpe. Pipe on more Nutella. And so on until you have used up all of the crêpes. Don't pipe Nutella on the top crêpe. Instead, using a fine strainer, shower powdered sugar down on the top of the cake. Serve right away. It doesn't age well. But if you must, you can refrigerate it overnight and then reheat it the next day at 300° F for about 15 minutes.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.