If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Not many of us have ordered Grasshoppers in the past 40 years, and it's easy to see why: Traditionally, the drink is equal parts cheap crème de menthe, crème de cacao, and heavy cream -- shaken and served in a martini glass -- and is precisely the color of milky Astroturf. Portland bartender Jeffrey Morgenthaler's version is much better, and just what you want on a hot night: creamy, sweet, cooling, bitter, and salty -- all keeping one another in check. Adapted slightly from Pepe Le Moko and Portland Monthly Magazine. - Genius Recipes
- 1 1/2 ounce green crème de menthe
- 1 1/2 ounce white crème de cacao
- 1 ounce half and half
- 1 teaspoon Fernet Branca
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) vanilla ice cream
- 8 ounces (1 cup) crushed ice, prepared with a Lewis bag and mallet, tea towel and rolling pin, or a food processor
- Mint sprig for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except the mint sprig in a blender, and blend on high speed until smooth. Serve in a tall, frozen glass, and garnish with a mint sprig.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!