Author Notes: Spiking fruit with alcohol, grilling fruit with spices usually leads to a fun and tasty summer treat! This recipe can be an appetizer or a savory dessert. Either way, this is a fun way to cool off the hot August nights. - bill
- 4 pieces watermelon, approx. 5 inches by 4 inches by 2inches
- 2 shots premium Tequila
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- lemon, zest and juice
- 3 teaspoons chili powder, Ancho works great
- 8 ounces creme fraiche
- 1 lime, zest
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Mix creme fraiche, lime zest and cilantro in bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and reserve in refrigerator.
- Heat grill pan to medium.
- Mix Tequila, lemon juice and zest in bowl. Drizzle equal amounts of mixture over each watermelon slice. Top with chili powder and salt, pat gently into slices.
- Grill watermelon slices on grill pan, chili powder side down, just until chili oils are released and grill marks are made. About 1-3 minutes.
- Remove slices and assemble grilled side up. Top with equal amounts of cilantro lime creme fraiche and serve immediately.