If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Your simple, go-to chili for all your summer chili dog needs. Plus, it has three types of meat in it. —Cara Nicoletti
Serves 8 to 10
- 1 piece bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound red chorizo sausage, uncased
- 12 ounces beer (I usually use a lager)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons dark chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large, heavy pot, cook your bacon until the fat has rendered out and the bacon is starting to crisp. Add onions and garlic and cook until onions are translucent. Add beef, chorizo, and beer, breaking the meat up into small pieces.
- Stir in all of your spices and the tomato paste and simmer over low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- After an hour, add vinegar and taste to see if salt and pepper are needed.
- Cook your hot dogs and warm your buns, then top with chili. Additional toppings: diced white onion, pickled jalapeños, cheddar cheese, and Fritos. Do not leave out the Fritos.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.