If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I miss raisin toast being gluten free. And I love any opportunity to sneaky veggies into something like bread anyway, otherwise it's just a filler where I could be getting goodness into my meal. This is great warm, or toasted after with a big dollop of butter - vanessa green
- juice and zest of an orange
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 cups almond flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon bicarb
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, for the top
- Preheat oven to 350F Bring raisins and orange juice in a small pan to the boil and then let sit
- Place carrots, almond flour, eggs, cinnamon, salt, vanilla in food processor and whiz
- add bicarb to the orange juice raisin mix for that wizardry and fizzing you know you love in cooking
- combine mixtures pour into a parchment lined loaf tin, drizzle with maple and bake 1 hour, check with skewer close to time and make sure it's not burning