If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Warm and gooey bittersweet chocolate espresso brownie cookies sprinkled with sea salt. - Riley Wofford
Makes 3 dozen cookies
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Sea salt, for sprinkling
- Melt 8 ounces of chocolate, the butter, and espresso powder in the top of a double boiler placed over simmering water, stirring until smooth and melted. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl to combine.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl to combine. Add the melted chocolate mixture and whisk until fully incorporated. Fold in the flour mixture and remaining 2 ounces of chocolate and mix until just combined. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a few baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a small ice cream scoop, drop the dough onto the baking sheets, spacing the cookies 1-inch apart. Bake for about 10 minutes, until the tops are dry and cracked. Remove from the oven and top each cookie with a pinch of sea salt. Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.