If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Perfect (and perfectly seasonal) for late summer, this deep violet soup is so gorgeously hued that you won't know whether to photograph it or to eat it, but I recommend the spoon. The combination of Italian plums and blueberries is a felicitous one, the plums lending a tart fruitiness and the blueberries, sweetness and a whisper of spice that is echoed by a touch of cinnamon and a hint of honey. - Garlic, Zest and Dark Dark Chocolate
- 3 cups quartered Italian plums (about 15 small)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Saigon cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan, simmer plums, blueberries, water and honey until the plums are falling apart (about 20 minutes).
- Puree with a stick blender, or allow to cool and puree in a food processor, until very smooth.
- Pour through a coarse sieve to remove any remaining solids.
- Taste and correct for sweetness if desired.
- Add cinnamon and return to food processor for one quick whirl.
- Stir soup right before serving.
- The intense plum purple color cries out for a peak of creme fraiche (or Greek yogurt). It would also be pretty (and pretty delicious) with a swirl of Chilled Apricot Soup. https://food52.com/recipes/30493-chilled-apricot-soup
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup