If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 16 ounces tomato or marinara sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 1 big handful of greens, chopped (I used spinach)
- 2 cups cooked grains (farro, quinoa, brown rice, etc.)
- 2 ounces feta, crumbled
- Sauté onion in olive oil with salt and pepper in a medium-sized pan with a high lip for a few minutes, over medium heat, until soft and fragrant.
- Mix in sauce and tomato (and cayenne if using) and cook to heat everything through. Lastly, add the chopped greens and fold in.
- With a spoon, make four little pockets in the saucy mess into which you can crack the eggs. Crack them in, then sprinkle a little salt and pepper on each egg, and drag the whites through the sauce. Don’t break the yolk. You know this. Mama didn’t raise no fool.
- Put a lid over the pan and let cook until the whites are just set, about 4 minutes.
- Pile some of your cooked grains at the bottom of a bowl, then top with big scoops of saucy mess and an egg. Add a little crumbled feta. Devour.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Just Butter Isn't Better
Why making your own ghee is worth it
Make your own ghee.
The dreamiest foods around.
Stop slamming salad.
A can-do tool.